* CORRECTIONS / OMISSIONS / STUFF *
• "Welcome Back, Kotter" took place in New York. It's easy to get confused when this is the first image of the theme song in every episode:
• The episode of "Fantasy Island" in which Annette Funicello has her ventriloquist puppet brought to life featured Maren Jensen (of "Battlestar Galactica" fame). Not Barbara Bach, former Bond girl and wife of Ringo Starr (as I said). And not CATHERINE Bach, who played Daisy Duke on "The Dukes of Hazzard" (as I meant).
• "Hello, Larry" child actress and Real Housewife Kim Richards is not married to the doctor on "Botched" (Terry Dubrow). I don’t remember what made me think that, I can’t figure it out. Totes wrong on that.
• The replacement for Mrs. Garrett on "Diff'rent Strokes" was Nedra Volz in the role of Adelaide.
• Gary Coleman was 4’ 8” tall as an adult.
• According to the Nielsen Ratings (acquired from Wikipedia), ABC was the dominant network in the 1978-1979 season. They had 17 of the top 30 shows; CBS had 9 and NBC had only 4. Its highest rated show was "Little House On The Prairie" at #14. Next is the "Monday Night Movie" (which immediately followed "Little House" so it had some help). I can't find any info as to which movie/movies it showed that year (write me if you know!). Then "CHiPs" is the next NBC 'hit' at #25. And at #27 ... this brand new show called "Diff'rent Strokes." No wonder somebody yelled "SPIN SOMETHING OFF FROM THAT!" NBC would continue to sputter along, adding "Real People" to the list the following year, and slowly bringing other hits like "Hill Street Blues," "The A-Team," and "Knight Rider" until the tides turned in 1984 with the premiere of a little monster of a show (run by a big monster of a man) that would save the whole network... "The Cosby Show."
*Whew* I think we all feel better now.
* VIDEO *
A very young Kim Fields in a Mrs. Butterworth's syrup commercial:
Theme to NBC's "Here's Boomer" (clearly a German version for some reason):
Mr. Belvedere clip "Sitcom + AIDS = FAIL" :
DISCLAIMER: I own the rights to none of these images or videos. I don't know who does. I got them off the internet so they are 100% legal. Don't try to sue me, I have no fucking money.